Thursday, January 2, 2014

Here's to a New Year + new beginnings

 jeans (SIMILAR) + plaid shirt (HERE) c/o Aeropostale // sweater: Nordstrom // boots: Coach // beanie: Junky Trunk // watch (HERE) c/o LuLu*s 

Happy 2014!

I have never been a huge fan of NYE, like ever. There's something about that night that just seems to be too high of pressure or expectations so I rather keep it simple and casual. What I am a big fan of is January 1st and the start of a new year. I really believe setting goals for yourself is overly important. I am not saying setting a resolution such as going to the gym 4 days a week, or not eating cake, or spending less.... I am talking about goals such as being happier, feeling more complete, bettering your soul. Each year I look back at where I was on December 31st the year before and I reminisce about what the entire year had brought me. I look at how far I came, what adventures I succeeded in or failed  at, and I look at where I currently stand. I had a growing year in 2013, both professionally & in my personal life. It was a year unlike one I had ever had before + it felt good. It definitely had up's & down's but for the most part is was a fulfilling year. Looking forward to 2014 I think this may just be the best year yet. I have conquered a lot + learned more than I could image which I am hoping is setting me up for nothing but success in the year ahead.  So here's to a wonderful 2014, a great year for all!


12 comments:

Nina Piccini said...

Cute look! Cheers to what 2014 will bring! I set goals such as those for myself too. It's important to do that, otherwise you become complacent
xo, Nina
afterthe40barfinish

Laura said...

Brilliant, inspiring post!
Happy New Year!
Laura xo

The Style Storm said...

Love this look! green looks amazing on you!

The Style Storm
<3, Christina

Ashley said...

You are the cutest!! I love this outfit and I love the plaid details!!

Happy New Year!
xo,
Sincerely Miss Ash

Ladies in Navy said...

love everything in this post, the message and the jeans especially
ladies in navy

Mary said...

Cute outfit! Happy New Year! :)

Simply Sabrina said...

Your white snow is the perfect backdrop and makes the colors on this outfit really pop! I love your beanie... you look great!

x. Sabrina | Simply Sabrina

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

Happy New Year to you! I'm loving those jeans and that watch! Perfect winter outfit! xoxo, Lindsay

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Those are totally the kind of goals I can get behind. Happy 2014 Stesha!

Megan @ Lush to Blush said...

Great look! I feel the same way about NYE. This year I just stayed in and it was the best NYE yet! Have a great 2014!

xo Megan, Lush to Blush

Because Shanna Said So said...

First of all, you look adorable and so fresh...if that makes sense! :) I am so proud of you and where you have come over the past couple of years and so blessed that I was part of your 2013!! Love you to pieces and miss ya! Happy New Year, sister!!

Unknown said...

Cute outfit!!!!!!!!! Love the emerald sweater, gorgeous colour.

Happy New Year!!!!!

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com